Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Starving it out

I had to cancel our little Panda class today. Miraculously I am actually feeling much better. Either from fasting, or finally eating (my first meal being fu yu and rice) or from this cooling herbal tea I took which is actually for detox and I wonder if I would have recovered faster if I had taken it in the first place. Now only if I can get Jonah to drink it too. The doctor's advice was to starve the bacteria out of Jonah, because antibiotics would have a side effect of diarrhea. So it would just be like prolonging the sickness. He is to only eat bread and he can also eat yogurt because it has probiotics.
I realize I had been starving it out too and it seemed to work pretty well. I did eat bread mainly so I could take Tylenol. Recently since I did have the energy to practice, I was doing more meditation. That and just lying there doing nothing under a blanket. Yesterday I did walk to the playground and hung out with an old friend, Alhambra, but I wasn't active.
Usually, when I am healthy, when I do meditation, it is a warm up for Kung Fu. Or while I am meditating I feel like I should be meditating in horse stance or something because my time is limited. I never just really focus on my meditation unless it is after a workout and I am too tired to continue.
I meditated yesterday morning and this morning at around 3am. It felt really good. Like that feeling after being so tired during a kung fu workout, except without the work. Maybe I should focus more on meditation. I mean I've never heard of someone getting a meditation injury. Nor would I have lowered my immune system by tiring myself and exposing myself to allergens and fung.

No comments:

Post a Comment