Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, August 9, 2013

A Tale of two cities

I found this little children's version of A Tale of two Cities. Even saying that kind of sounds weird. Anyway, it fits in you pocket and there is a picture every page. I thought Noah would like it or at least tolerate it because I noticed that when we read an illustrated version of the Monkey king, Noah only wanted to read the pages that have pictures. Usually I read the book on the train and then Jonah takes it awy from me and pretends to read it. It's not really working so probably I should stop. It's just that the size of the book is so convenient. But It has gotten me interested in the plot. So much so that I borrowed the real book from the library today. Somehow I've managed to live this long without really reading the book and despite countless introductions to the story through TV I managed to remain not all that interested in the book. Not sure why.
But when I was reading the child's version it somehow seemed so relevant to modern day politics. You know, Snowden and that sort of thing. Well off to try and read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment