Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Building Blocks

Noah and Jonah have been playing with blocks more recently.. together! Like building things together like good little children. The make a house, other buildings, a railroad track. It's pretty cool. Of course now that I have acknowledged this in writing they have started to fight and not play nicely anymore, breaking each others houses, etc. But I swear yesterday they were actually cooperating. It was nice to see because it was something that ahd never been seen before between the two of the them. It is a rarity that they can even parallel play let alone get together and make something that ends up being better because two minds have been put together to make one thing. Hopefully this will continue.


I also started Noah on a two make weapon form last night. I have made little toy weapons with plastic pipe, broom stick and cardboard. It is big knife (dao doh) against spear. He enjoyed it. At some point he can do it with Jonah but for now it's me and Noah. Jonah can't really hold the spear yet. But me and Jonah do the double sticks with the noodles and I'm introducing the concepts to him.
I tried to resume practice today but Noah wanted to do blocks instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment