Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Work out success/ fail/success?

After New Year I was doing 300 push ups a day. Its not that this was a lot by itself. Its not even that it took too much time. But It did mean that I wasn't doing as much of Kung Fu and meditative type workouts. This morning I did around 20 push ups slowly and I think it may have had more of an effect on my body (positively)
Plus I did some hard style Kung Fu and some Tai Chi like stuff. Balance, the middle path... anyway I feel that this is better for me.

I taught a drumming class over the weekend and my forearms were killing me as well. I noticed that anytime I show someone something, instead of just practicing it by myself, chances are that I am going to be way more sore. I get excited and push extra hard for the student, or maybe the audience.
In any case, I am always sore after these classes where I thought I didn't really do much, but honestly the 300 push ups didn't make me sore. They did make me tired, like I wanted to go to sleep. Actually come to think of it they did make me sore and stiff and less coordinated. Not saying i will never do that again, but I won't try to make that a daily regimen. I also felt jacked... but did not really looked jacked, so what is the point?

It also made me really appreciate resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment