Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Repainting a lion head

I am going to repaint an extra old lion head that I have that never got to really live its life. That is to say, it never got to brave the firecrackers and so though it is old, it doesn't have that smell of gunpowder or the bids of red paper that should be flecked about its face.
Grace said it will look like crap. But I plan to repaint it in the same style as it was originally painted. I'm not going to do it perfectly. Originally I had wanted the neighborhood children to work on this project but as I put black paint on the brush, I realized how enjoyable it was to do this three dimensional coloring book for myself. Not that the children won't be allowed to add to it.... but I doubt they will get the chance or really feel like doing it. Maybe they can paint a picture where the names usually go in the back. Or maybe I will paint a picture. 

The Tail will have to be some sort of cloth that will match in color. And truth be told we may end up borrowing a head that is already set to go for the upcoming performance requesting two heads.... but it will also be cool to bring this head to life on stage. It will make the performance different. Plus why have a head you can't perform with at all? Why not perform with it?

I don't even need a full set of paint. All I need it yellow, Green, red, and white and orange. I have red pigment already but I'd rather buy the ready made paint just in case that ends up being a disaster.
We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment