Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Monty Python

I 've been watching Monty Python's "Life of Brian" and "Search fo rthe Holy Grail." and I think I really want to make a few scenes from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms and the 108 heroes in this fashion with the kids. Probably we will do something meant to be on stage first. probably not for New Year's but we have some performances coming up in March where for whatever reason we are not allowed to do Lion dance. (Actually the reason has to do with somehow our kids doing lion dance will cause parental political discord or something or other. I was annoyed by it, but it might mean that that venue will be a good place to actually finally add some dialogue to a few of the fighting forms. I am thinking some version of the Peach Orchard Oath (peach Tree Oath?) and when Lin Chong tries to get into the Water Margin, before it is run by Sung Gong or the other guy who is decent.


To be honest, I totally want to make a full length movie on my phone with my kids. I guess what inspired me was the coconuts riding horse thing. Of course its not the first time I saw that. And there are actual parts of say Guan Gong do, where you do something similar, only its not a joke, its just an artistic representation of riding a horse. And I have heard the comparison before.


The kids have performed the fighting form Dai Do cherng before with a galloping out which they found hilarious and in that case it was a joke. But now I really want to have dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment