Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Kung Fu Castles

Today we went to a Castle, and walking through the halls I felt very Kung Fu-ish for some reason. In that I wanted to do Kung Fu in a smaller space.

Now some people would then say, "Oh then you should do Win Chun." Well what I end up doing is my own Kung Fu but just focus on the shorter techniques and shortening the longer ones. It got me thinking about how important it is to adapt to your surroundings. So you should never be saying that you don't have enough space or an improper practice space. Of course if I had money... I would probably build myself a freaking Castle like this Mercer guy did (more to come on that later) or maybe a large Condo or something that makes money... but since I do not have that sort of money... what's wrong with my house and the sidewalk?
 I mean the park is actually the best. But I feel like the reason those shorter styles developed was to adapt to the environment. I mean there is a sword style that is meant to be practiced under a table.

Maybe I should start working on these fun aspects of the Martial Arts with adults and not just Noah. It's just that they can't be performed, or don't look good when performed. But who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment