Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, November 18, 2016

Morning Omens

This morning a rabbit was run over in front of our house. actually, I wouldn't be able to tell whether the rabbit got run over last night or what. But it's dead carcass was there in the street. For me, rabbits are a sign from my mother, so this would be a bad omen, superstitiously. I called 311 but the line was busy. I thought of eating the rabbit, but realized I could make a mess and probably spread bacteria all over the house.... I also wouldn't know how to skin it, but it occurred to me that that was the best way to honor it.

But it isn't what I did. Maybe the meat was sititng there too long too... actually probably not. I ended up burying it and as I scraped the carcass off the road I noticed that the meat looked fresher than any meat I had ever seen and that there was not a lot of it.

I buried and lit incense for it and got out a little mat and did meditation . I saw the image of a rabbit, only it was in a strange impressionistic form, except not with paint but real colors. I suppose you could create such a photographic Picasso like image nowadays quite easily. It was as if I saw the baby rabbit and the adult at the same time, it's whole life. I was aware that I looked like a freak meditating there on the front lawn near cards and people walking their dogs so I ended up opening my eyes and just waiting for the incense to burn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment