Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, November 14, 2016

Hula Bruises and Chinatown adventures

This weekend Adriana Li brought over Hula Hoops for the kids to play with. This has ended up being one of the best toys introduced to them. They will totally Hula hoop and they are way better than me at this skill now. As I watched Jonah to 100 then 200 then 300 turns I wondered why they couldn't do Kung Fu like that. I later realized that there are things that are part of Kung Fu that they will do for quite some time. For instance, later on Noah and I stick fought stylistically at the Kung Fu school. It was with real sticks too. And the techniques he used were sound and varied. Maybe I should just start doing this again at the park or whatever. Technically it is even more realistic then the training I had lined up for him. Forms etc.


Also it's not like he wouldn't do the painful stuff either because he totally got down in horse stance, just doing horse stance during this class my old student was running.

He just doesn't want to do forms. So ... whatever, fine don't do them. I mean he ran through once during the class, and forgot a bunch, but whatever.

He can freestyle one no problem... so he can perform. Why do I need him to memorize the traditional ones?


They both have bruises from doing the hula so hard. But Jonah has enough control that he can actually avoid the bruised areas while hula-ing.

His record so far is 310.

I can do about 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment