Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, November 28, 2016

Doing Nothing

I can totally see why the old Buddhist monks philosophy was to do as little damage as possible by doing nothing. Yesterday I messed up a whole bunch of stuff, from my bike to my sons face. Where if I had just decided to sleep for 24 hours I would be further along than I am now. I tried to put my bike together but misunderstood the manual and now I am trying to just fix what I messed up and I am not even further along than I would have been and have learned nothing from the experience, i decided I needed to take a break in the park and took Noah with me to stick fight. It was fun. But then I started doing this thing where I push his stick away. Eventually, he sung his stick, I pushed his stick and his stick went into his face. Now he has a bruise under his eye.

Although it didn't bother him for long, the mark is still there.

And it's too close to the eye to put medicine on it. We did the boiled egg thing, but he didn't really feel like letting me put it on his face, nor did he really want to do it himself.

Since playing with sticks is really just recreational... this was a waste of time.

It sort of makes me wonder what else i shouldn't be doing. Maybe I should just meditate all day long instead of trying to do this and that and the other thing.

Instead so far today I wrote some short stories on my other blog which are Christmas themed. They are sure to enrage people ranging from the very religious to the atheistic because they can either be seen as pro or anti Christianity based on how you choose to read them.

I have a few other ideas for posts.... but I think I will let them simmer in my subconscious for a while.

Maybe I'll read a book instead and pretty soon, it will be time to pick up the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment