Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Paternal Grandparents

I started going through old pictures looking for images of old Chinatown. My mom had taken a ton of old lion dance stuff.... which I just can't find. But coming across some really old photos, I figured I better scan these first before they get lost. 
Below is my Paternal Grandfather. I have no idea what is written on the back. I was told that my Grandfather was the one sitting in a chair. Who is the other guy? I have no idea. What do I know about my paternal grandfather? Apperntly he was educated in Japan (this is pre-WW2) and he was some sort of aristocrat. My dad told my mom that he still remembered a little bit of growing up in the compound they lived in. Basically they were 1% and I believed my grandfather fled (maybe to Taiwan) when the Japanese invaded. (maybe) I also think he was Governor. That's it and mostly guesses. Oh. My grandfather had four wives at the same time. That was legal back then.
I posted this on Facebook and my friend Nellie helped me to translate:

"It's a letter of sorts from your uncle to your dad saying he found him in China. Also, the photo was taken from when he went studying abroad in Japan. He was 21. Sitting down is your grandpa and standing is your uncle. And to "remember that". I could have missed some parts but I'm sure that's it"

To clarify.. my Grand Uncle (my father's Uncle) found my Grandfather in China. That's actually pretty important to me because that means that he remained in China or returned after the war. It also means my Dad had an Uncle.
                                                

Above is a picture of my Paternal Grandmother. 
 She actually died during my lifetime I think. Stomach cancer. My mom told me it is possible that too much salted fish is the cause. She was in Hong Kong when she died. She was the fourth wife of my grandfather. She had fled to Hong Kong with my father. I don't think they saw or heard from from my Grandfather again.

Going through and scanning a ton of pictures... I can tell you I am tired already. I don't know why but that stuff wears me out real quick. It's also hard to not get sucked into the pictures I am scanning and start staring at them.

I also noticed that a bunch of the Noah's pictures from an old phone appear to be tampered with.
Who edited David Hasselhoff into the photo? Was this Grace? I don't think so. Someone hacked in just to tamper with Photos? How strange. 

If anyone can read what is written on the back of my photos and translate, that would be awesome.  

Please Share, maybe somebody knows somebody that is related to me from this side of the family. It would be cool to compare notes. I guess what I am supposed to do is stick stuff on Ancestry.com




No comments:

Post a Comment