Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Lai Chan pic


Here is an old picture Shao helped me scan. It's of me at Acorn getting ready for my birthday. My mother must have taken the picture. Lai Chan is helping to put on the candles. Lai Chan also taught Shao later. The picture was scanned crookedly because that was Shao's work. But you know what? That's like his finger print on the image. So these images will now be graced by 3 generations. So I'm going to leave it crooked.

This was taken inside the old Acorn building. There was a fight about whether it would be a parking lot or not (I believe that it was called parcel C) and then it got bulldozed and community centers were put in the new building that was constructed. The Metropolitan has community space, but also expensive condos. A blend. The mural was saved through digital imaging and displayed inside BCNC.

No comments:

Post a Comment