Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Santa's Village

This afternoon we ventured over to Jefferson and Santa's village. A lot of breathtaking mountainscape onthe way there. Noah didn't get what we were doing. And it was kind of weird for the rest of us. I mean it's hard getting into the Christmas Spirit for me, in the middle of Summer. But it was cool. Most of the rides were actually for children a little older than Noah, and the most intense one that he was allowed on, the kind with a floating log that then dropped off and incline, was intense enough from me. From the picture you can see my tensed face and Noah's laughing joyously. I guess Noah is really going to like rides. He always misbehaves and gives me a heart attack before the ride is starting because he wants to stand up or turn around or insists on buckling the straps by himself, and my forceful restraining arms just make him more pissed off. But somehow he pulls it together when the ride starts, or at least when it gets dangerous and ends up saying something like, "I like this Baba!" right when it is screaming time for everyone else.
I'm actually not much of a ride person myself. But I like the little kiddie ones just fine.
I have to say that for us, our age group, that Story Land is better than Santa's Village. Mainly because of the set up. The whole Feng shui of story land is better. You can pretty much see the whole park, the bathrooms are everywhere, and they have doors that are wide enough so there isn't a traffic jam coming in and out. Also the trains are not only rides, they can also be used as transportation devices because there is more than one stop. This was not the case at Santa's Village. But for older kids, there are more rides at Santa's village, and it seems like Santa's village tried to build attractions that were similar but slightly better than Story Land. Like their antique cars ride has a gas pedal, and real gas. And they have a monorail flying sleigh, and a water park (which we did not do this time.) It was pretty cool over all, but I think we will be doing nature-ish things tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment