Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, April 10, 2020

The Bamboo Bridge Chapter Nine: Double Dragon comes out of the Ocean

I was depressed after having my hand eaten and felt that I looked at the Zhang Fei Head differently. Granted, had he not eaten my hand I would have been poisoned to death. He grea to a great size and nownthatbhe was a real lion roaming around we could not use him for lion dances or even show him to people. He continued to live with us sitting in the corner like a statue, especially when people visited our house. 

Sometimes I cursed him for not eating Kai and Mo Yung and in Statue form tears would come down his cheeks. I would feel bad and offer him incense, water, fruit and other things. Sometimes I believe he went hunting in the woods and also flew down to Philadelphia or over to New York City. I saw him on a few posts on Social Media and suspected he could take many forms including the form of a human.


I suppose that was all cool but I wanted my hand back.... plus if we were to continue with our lion dance adventures we needed new heads. 

We returned to the Bamboo bridge and found the monk we had been looking for.


This time instead of disappearing he did the double le dragon comes out of the ocean move while calling out the name, "Serng Long Chut Hoi!"  And wouldn't you believe it a doible6headed Dragon appeared out of the water. A huge one. And we entered its mouth. Narra and Jinn were with us  and had a blast running around the inside of the Dragon, which was as giant as a cavern and where many lion heads and drums we re stored.


"I noticed that you are missing a hand." The monk said and I recounted my story to him. He paused for a moment and then walked to a back room and returned.

"This hand is not the actual hand of Sun Wu Kong. It is the hand of one of his clones though. Try it." He said and handed me the monkey paw. As I brought but to my stub if an arm it attached immediately and I felt a power I had never felt before. 


Maybe not the true hand of Sun Wu King but indeed a hand of Sun Wu Kong great sage equal to heaven... clone or not.



"I'll give that one to you...along with the other stuff you are buying from me." Which was a new Pink Lion head, a new drum, a new drum cart, and some other items. It was going to be a new year and we had new equipment. I had mourned the loss of my drumming group and my hand but now I had more than I could have hoped for.



No comments:

Post a Comment