Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, April 23, 2020

chapter 18: Hoi Gong

We briefly talked to each other to decide how to proceed. Joyce and I would be head, the Monk would play the Buddha and the Wolf would drum with a  fellow brother and another master he had picked up in NYC. 


The Wolf quickly taught me some of his system so that we would be able to sync up... but when in doubt, he would just watch and follow. But at least I now knew the signals to give and  cadence to be familiar with.


And with that  a giant lion was rolled out. 

The King of the small NJ kingdom, which had influence all of the world whispered, "We needed to make the lion really wake up, to help protect us."

Protect us from what? Was what I thought at first, and then I thought, could Zhang Fei protect ys...  iij instead of wandering all around doing who knows what with my old hand in his belly? Not that I cared. The Sun Wu Kong hand I had now had special powers, and would create a terrific ritual.


"Yut deem Jing!" I spoke in a voice that echoed off the high ceiling. Sun Wu Kong' hand helped me make the my voice shake the lungs of people listening, and even those who were not.

YUT DEEN TEEN DEI SUN!


I painted the red cinnabar the monk had brought into one eye which blinked even though we were outside the head.


YEE DEEM JING! Yee deem.yut yet ming!


JONG DEEM Jing. JONG DEEM GWAI SUN GING!


TEET CHIU WAHNG CHING GWAU!

TEEN LING LING DEI LING LING SUN LONG FU HOK SAM HUP YIY YING!


I breathed the power of the dragon tiger and crane into the creature  and then Joyce and I seized it... jumping under the tail and taking control of its body.


We performed a dance of might and power...  as well as comedy. The monk poured wine everlasting from a jug that had no bottom and afterwards we feasted their, the entire kingdom becoming drunk. 

We forgot all about Nara and Jinn and were caught in the reveries for a whole week. Until Nara and Jinn had to ride Zhang Fei to get us.

No comments:

Post a Comment