Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, April 12, 2020

The Bamboo Bridge Chapter 10 Year of the Monkey

Joyce and I had renewed vigor in our training and our lion dance performances after I got my Monkey King hand and the new heads. We had a much large ream now and students that were quite enthusiastic. When I say a much larger team I meant that instead of one student we had three. But our old students were willing to participate, we had our kids, our students had friends, and we were becoming a crew. This was fun and I was putting the centipede demon and whatever Mo Yung was behind me.

Bit surprisingly, Sun Wu Kong's hand had great power in it and even though it was supposed  to be a clone's hand I felt its power circulating from the had through my whole body. Ut began to change me and give me confidence a d enable me to see new things. 

I created a statue of Sun Wu Kong out of a plastic soda bottle and paper mache and began burning incense to it. My beliefs and rituals are not the orthodox Chinese Folk religion, uf there really is such a thing. I mix and match as many people do to be honest. 

But my relationship with any altar us sort if strange. It is more of anecternal expression of something going on inside my mind to me. And so the altar was a way for me to think about Sun Wu Kong nd the had that was now attached to me... as well as the hand that was now in my Zhang Fei Lion's belly. 

We created a "Journey of the West" as we called it. It was the year of the monkey this Chinese New Year and people welcomed our idea to travel around to different businesses to do lion dance for them. Some businesses rejected us... but over all we got a pretty good response for what was possible for out team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment