Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, September 10, 2015

First day of school

I have been training Noah to get ready for school. Of course today all that training was washed away because Mommy wanted to do the ritual of the first day of School. The hair. The pictures, the uniform. All that sort of thing. I suppose I should add pictures later to this post.
We weren't to worried about Noah, but this is Jonah's first day of school ever. He never even went to preschool.
"I'm a little bit scared." he told his teacher. "And I think today I'm going to be shy."
His teacher didn't know how to respond to that. "I think you're doing great." is what she said, according to Grace.
Well we'll see how that works out. At least he wasn't crying, as many children were. The truth is, school is probably going to be easier than Baba's home school, where Lam Yi dong ji kerng was recited, followed by Kung Fu...
Actually my structure broke down.. but still it's not like they make you do a whole lot in K1.
And Noah seemed like he was ready to go, hanging out with the boys.

Tomorrow we're going to get there an hour early and do Kung Fu, just like we've been training. But I'm not fighting Noah anymore. Yesterday, I actually lost to him. Legit lost. Like I crumbled to the ground going down on one knee in pain and said, "you win."
I'm not saying I wasn't pissed. Not because I lost, but because I could have lost an eye. But more on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment