Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Drinking Tea

I have been working on my new book, "Kung Fu and Cooking" and I was writing about tea drinking. I suddenly realized how much I missed the tea drinking culture that we had at Moh Goon. Enough of this in the microwave tea bag in a mug shit. This summer I am going to put loose tea in a pot and pour it into a cup. We'll just do the Chrysanthemum tea so the kids can drink it too, and maybe I'll make a small tea pot of some strong Taiwanese tea. And the water will be boiled, not this electric singing water boiler crap either. After all, I can really only drink tea on the early morning anyway. So I'll have it for breakfast after our Tai Chi Inner peace, mein lay jum session. And I'll get little tea cups. Heck we'll have a Chinese Tea party every morning while we eat. I may have to go buy some supplies from Chinatown tomorrow.

Maybe Grace wants to make fun of me and say that it's just like my "Chinese Utopian village."
But heck that's what I'm going to create. I'm not the first one to say they were going to create some sort of City Upon a Hill in America. So I'm going to do it this summer. My kids and I will live a scheduled version of my dream. Kung Fu, Tea,  Dulcimer, Chess, art, learning the Wong Fei Hung song, Math and Science, and some other activities at the library But drinking tea will be a part of it.
Even if I'm the only one drinking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment