Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Chess Playing

Noah has played a couple other people in Chess. He is much more behaved when he plays people that aren't me.
"I just don't like to play you!" he yelled.
But this summer I plan for him to play the game everyday. Part of it is to learn that you can lose and not get all crazy. Also it is a good activity to develop the mind and just pass the time. It will be part of our Summer program.
The first game was with someone staying with us and his approach was pretty hardcore.
"Ah ah. You can't take any moves back. You make your decisions and you live with them. If you are in a bad situation you have to learn ti improvise." That game actually never ended. A picture of the board was taken at the game will resume in a couple of months.
I liked this approach. But it is hard to do this with me. Noah will yell and scream. But with a stranger he won't do this.

Our neighbor played a teaching game. Showing "if you do this then I can do this, and this is a good move but that is not."
Actually, even this way Noah will get mad at me too because he doesn't want me to tell him what to do.

"Do you want me to watch or not to watch?" I asked him before the game started.

"Not watch." Noah said. So I sort of hid from afar and listened in. This was not so much to see how he would do on the board, but how he would react emotionally.

He did very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment