Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Eagles vs Patriots

When I was a child these were the two teams that I rooted for. Not that I knew a damn thing about football, or cared. It's just I was from Boston and spent summers and Christmas in Philly. I think back then the eagles were a decent team and I don't think the Patriots were anything special. This was ancient times.

The first time that I recall the Patriots winning the Super Bowl I was in highschool and out history teacher had been lucky enough to go to the game... He  told us that as the Patriots had just won and the cheering and celebration was just starting that frim a corner of the stadium a chant could be heard growing louder and louder...

"Yankees suck! Yankees suck! Yankees suck!"

Flash forward to my children's childhood and we live among Yankees fans. I am a Boston fan, and I honestly didn't think that I would necessarily care to bring those sports loyalties with me.... But I have found that the team colors sort if remind me of home. And like I said, the Ragles colors remind me of summers and Christmas with family. My oldest son is an avid sports fan. He calls his grandfather screaming "touchdown!" Into the phone. The younger one plays along, but like me he doesn't really care. I can tell.

We will definitely watch the super bowl. I will root for the Pats, but having won so many times....I actually hope the Eagles win. Sounds to wishy washy and I should pick a side? Screw you. I am mixed race, let alone mixed sports loyalties.

I will also be avoiding all contact with family members on social media until this game is over I think. Or maybe not...I mean it's just a game right?

No comments:

Post a Comment