Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The missing Pawn

Noah was playing chess with my relatives. He played my cousin, who beat him quickly. And then he played my aunt. Then Jonah trashed the game. My whole extended family searched high an low for the missing piece they could not find. It was a pawn. It bothered me that it was missing even though I hadn't checked all the pieces but instead put the chess set away for the rest of the family reunion. I didn't want to risk losing more pieces.
"Where is the missing piece Dai Dai?" I asked him.
"I don't know. It's gone forever." he would say.

Arriving back home I decided it was no big deal. After all, I could just use a toy to be the pawn. But Lo and behold as I set up the board all the pieces were there!

Interesting that something that is insignificant and not even true, could have bothered me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment