Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, June 3, 2019

Baby Deer

I little baby deer
a little body resting in the grass
injured and tired
blinking at me as I walk by.
My heart is not big enough to pick you up in my arms.
Instead I know I will leave you for the vultures
Because I have to go to work?
Because I have to get my kids to school?
These are things humans made up.
But life is sacred.
And yet I run away from real life toward the routine of the daily grind.
To do things that I hate to do.
Yell at my kids to brush there teeth.

Instead of you, I pick up my son in my arms,
because he is tired, and cannot move.

Not because he was struck by a car as you must have been.
But because he has slept a warm and comfortable night in a warm and comfortable bed.



If you were dead already, I would not feel bad.

I wouldn't even feel bad if I ate you.
But I don't even know how to prepare you to eat
because I was never taught.

Instead I will eat some processed bread and jelly for breakfast because my kids couldn't finish it in time, brush my teeth, and go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment