Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Writing a novel on your phone and other stuff

I tried writing a novel on my phone, and realized this was over zealous. I wrote one characters introduction twice. How can I write without seeing the words ftom my orevious post? I almost want to gi back to hand writing, though I know that will take even longer when editing.

And them I found several nivela I had written in their rough draft form. I read part of them to Noah and so so many mistakes. Perhaps tomorrow I will begin combing through these books while reading them aloud to him.

Recently my schedule does not involve much reading or writing. I cook clean and teach Kung Fu and practice a littke while watching the Condor Heroes... the 1983 version.

Teaching my kids is going to give me a stroke. I must make sure to make them do Kung Fu first... before anything else. If I let them play outside first they are all tired...if its homework first, the work just never gets done.

Also, now that they know a fighting form and a hand form its correction time.... which is si much harder than just showing moves. To teach a clear technique... maybe its just not worth it. Its worth it to show them but maybe not to demmand that level if performance.

I tried to show them something "easy" and of course Noah can just do it anyway, but Jonah sort of can, but then quickly loses patience.

I guess the key is just a little everyday... maybe even a little several times a day. 10 min. In the morning. 10 min after school, 10 min  befire dinner. But then its like pulling teeth and 10 min. Turns into 1 hour...

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment