Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Struck by lightning

There is a Chinese saying... that you should not be too a good a person, or you may be struck by lightning. I think back to Louis Chan's legend of the condos heroes. And how the wife, upon seeing the Jin King in her barn not only spares him, but saves him, bringing disaste on herself and her family.

I don't know exactly where I am going with this, other than that aide and favors can be harmful if carried out incorrectly. Or even if carried out correctly, but perceived wrong. What I am I to do with this information?

When I was a child I lived a cautious and nervous life. We were always afraid of getting kicked out of the section 8 apartment or of certain people finding out where we lived. It took me years to shed some of these fears. Fear if losing face or Ben th possibility of shunning or being a so oak pariah is deeply engrained in some cultures. At some point I started to recklessly cast away these beliefs.

Perhaps it may be time to revisit some of them with new eyes. Or not. I haven't decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment