Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Kung Fu Jesus

So we are packing up and getting ready fro a big move to another state, in doing so Grace found a miniature Christ the Redeemer which a friend had bought for us and then not given to us but hidden because the small statue had broken in transport. Grace fixed the little pocket redeemer easily enough. But I later found Noah playing with it like an action figure. I explained that this might be considered disrespectful and Noah said, "So I don;t believe in him"

Well I wasn't upset as some might be but I was also a little weirded out using the statue like that. I complained that it might be damaged, but he said it's stone why would it be damaged.

"It;s more like an adult statue."

"Then why is it so small?"

He then had Jesus throwing been ngau kuens and started singing, "Kung Fu Jesus>' In a very carefree way.

And then I thought, "How could it be that I haven't written that book yet?"

I mean I thoiught of writing KUng Fu AND Jesus... and even thought of writing a Kung Fu gospel.. but actually Kung Fu Jesus would be so much cooler.

He started singing Kung Fu Jesus like Kung Fu panda (which if you watch Kung Fu Panda up to part 3 there is a ton of correlation there as Po actually dies and then is resurrected through the Chi of the panda village (or as they say in the Catholic language... faith... in fact in some Churches, this camp I went too, everyone did the whole chi hadn thing to bless someone exactly like they did in Kung Fu Panda 3, and never in all my expereince Kung Fu ing did we all do that in some sort of ritual ever. Just saying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment