Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Ideas for writing

 I can't just write stuff anymore. I need some sort of outline or plan for a cretaive project, that has limits and borders. And I think it has to be short story type stuff. Anything longer and I get lost. I have been toying with the idea of the character "Heruka Chinatown" for a while. I have been toying with many ideas for while and have given up on them but I noticed that my mind will play out these imaginary scenarios whether I will write them down or not.... so I might as well write them down even if it is for my own entertainment. 


Okay here is an idea for a place. 


Peach Orchard Park. 



Peach Orchard Park is a fictional Housing project on the edge of Boston's Chinatown. This is a good place to start. How can you write about people and characters if you don't have a place for them to live. 

Peach Orchard Park. POP for short. Maybe there are sevral prominent Families in this area... the five families. The Kwan's the Zhang's the Liu's the Zhou's the Wong's and the Mah's. Okay Six families. Myabe I should add the Zhuge's... I'll think about it. Maybe other groups like the Man. The Yue.


Maybe this housing project looks more like how I wished it would look. Its like an arcade with blended businesses and housing. I mean, that's what some places are anyway... but the businesses face in like a mall, instead of outwardly with heavy traffic going through it. And there are little parks or wooded areas. Willow Woods, Oak tree lane, Koi Fish pond.... ok... I think I know the real versions of what each one of those places is. 



And people. 


or Perhaps businesses first.


Bao's and Golden Triangles


Heruka's School of Arts: Martial and Aesthetic


Wok Hei


Diu Seem Dance


Church of Tao or Maybe Santiago.


That's good for now. I think I have to draw these places to be honest. 


Bamboo Towers: Giant Forrest of Housing Projects grown from Smart Bamboo






No comments:

Post a Comment