Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Copy Cat

 Shao likes to do 10 forms by himself for his practice, with me observing, and not so much correcting, but just counting down the forms. I guess I should just be happy enough with this. Maybe when we are the same size, which will be soon, he will be more interested in various sparring drills. Or maybe not. Maybe he doesn't like the sparring stuff because he is out of shape (but so am I) and perhaps it just has to do with fatigue. Anyway, whether it is practical to only do forms or not, a lot of people just do forms. So what's the big deal.  With Dai, it has been difficult teaching him. But recently he has taken to doing "copy cat" In other words, I was just doing basics or stretching and he came over and started copying me without me asking him too. Weird right? Well not weird but weird for me because getting him to practice has and still is like pulling teeth. But as long as he can do copy cat and talk and have conversation while we are practicing he is fine with it. Is his technique always correct? No. But maybe he has to go through this stage where he develops the basics better while talking, which will help improve his forms and sparring. His forms he already knows. I mean he knows a few I had taught him and abandoned etc. Maybe we should just start running through them more often. I could use the practice too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment