Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, March 1, 2013

Recover Fu

So after my fasting day (not by choice but a gift from whatever food poisoning I received from the Olive Garden) I was not immediately able to jump up and do hard external Kung Fu for my workouts. In fact for a little while I got tired from walking and chasing the kids around. So I focused more on internal, meditation, that sort of thing. And I've been liking it. I think I will stick to my easy does it practice, with some finger pushups and some pullups thrown in there. One at a time, just as a little spice instead of as the staple grain or main course.
I've been thinking too, about what I want. Having watched Kung Fu Panda, sick, I was thinking my fantasy would be to have a school like that, in a valley like that. But then I thought about it more and realized that is a lot of stairs to climb or to descend just to go somewhere. I guess it's okay if you can fly up or down like a cartoon character. So maybe vene if I could have that Palace, I don't necessarily want it.
I think I'm just going to start referring to the Sugar Bowl which is currently green and muddy, as the Jade Palace. And that little pond across from it, not Jamaica Pond but the tiny secluded one where there is  alittle stream and almost a sort of beach. That's going to be the sacred pool of tears.
If I call them these things I guess in a way they become them, and so just like that i have the Jade Palace as a Kung Fu school. It's next to my house, and it requires no stairs.
Ahhh.. that was easy.
As for practicing, running around in the rain or snow in the middle of the night or day, I'll have to wait for the kids to both be in school, or old enough to join me to do that.
Being sick and dehydrated made me realize another thing. That I don't drink enough water when I practice super hard. And that's probably one of the reasons I get so sore. I found this out, because doing nothing but vomiting all day...I got pretty sore.
So when I finally have the time or freedom to travel to the Jade Palace or Pool of Sacred Tears again, either alone, or with children that are well dressed for the weather and who can walk by themselves, while obeying Baba, when it comes to watching out for traffic etc. I'm going to be bringing a big water jug with me. Maybe two. That way I can use them like weights to punch with. And then I can also drink out of them.
For now though, I just do Horse stance next to my sleeping son if I can't sleep, and then some Mein Lay jum in the morning when I wake up. Its simple and not too much. Enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment