Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Chapter 3: Bamboo shoot centipede

 The Centipeded twisted and turned and grew. One day, a rat that was poisoned climbed into the flower pot where the Bamboo shoot centipede was slowly taking root. When the Rat crawled in and died it's soul saw the Centipede. 

Rat: "Who are you?"

Centipede:" My name is Choi Yang. I am the Bamboo shoot centipede. I was hiding in the Nappa cabbage when Cheung Bo Jai cooked me. I was going to travel into his son Enkidu's stomach and take over his body. I had many plans.. but now I am stuck in the flower pot.


Rat: I never had that many plans. I was just living day to day and wanted to survive. my family and clan has ecked out a life of sorts by avoiding the poisons and pest control people by travelling through the walls. But I ate the wrong thing and now I am dying or perhaps dead... if I can see and talk to you. 


Centipede: I can take over your body and we can live again together, sharing the same body. For I am alive but I have no soul. You are dead but you still have one. I had one long ago... but anyway, to agree or will you die and I have to wait for the next creature to come here to die. 


Rat: Of course I want to live!


Choi Yang shot out his bamboo pincers and slowly transferred DNA to the Rats still warm body and through magic and microbes began to overtake and inhabit the rat and grow into a centipede Bamboo ratlike form. A monster indeed, though still fairly small. 


Enkidu was playing with his toy cars over by the flower pot when he looked up and saw the dead rat and saw some sort of movement under it's skin.


"Eww...Mommy I think there is a dead rat in the flower pot."


"Oh honey that is probably just a shadow or something. Nothing to worry about."

No comments:

Post a Comment