Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, August 8, 2016

Revere Beach

Today me and the children took a trip to Revere beach. I forgot to bring the Go Pro, but then life is not All about videos. Even if I was making big bucks from videos it wouldn't all be about videos. Besides a lot of what I saw that was funny I wouldn't have been able to capture. Like a Seagull taking off with someone's package or Peppridge Farm Gold Fish Snacks... teh family chasing after the seagulls with shovels and the ensuing drama.

I also watched as a woman taught someone else's son how to float. It was kind of touching. The Father and son were black and I suppose it was rather obvious that neither knew how to swim, and the white woman could not take it any more and decided to show the boy at least how to float.

Part of me felt guilty that my kids are not great swimmers either. But this boy was much older. And I was thinking about that boy that drowned. Now if he knew how to swim he still could have drowned if there was an under tow or something like that. But still swimming is one of the life saving skills more important than Kung Fu.

I was equating what I was watching here to Kung Fu or humans sharing information. I mean swimming is a big deal. It was a big deal for our ancestors and it is a big deal today.

But it is interesting that Kung Fu is more mystified and there is the whole bowing to Sifu thing, when what this woman just showed the boy could easily save his life, it was not too hard to learn, and was passed on just like that. Imagine if Kung Fu was passed on like that?

Perhaps some basic fighting is... or tricks and applications... There is plenty of stuff online and in books and a lot of people tend to treat that as diluted or wrong. But is it?

The kids made Sand Castles and cities and we even played Go in the sand, rocks against shells.

I lay on the beach and realized that the way most people lie on the beach is backward to common sense. They lie on top of a towel (For what?) and try to get burned or tan or whatever. But I realized, you are going to get sandy anyway so why not lie on the sand and put the towel over you to protect you from the sun? That way you don't need to bring all the other equipment along.

Anyway it was pretty fun and relaxing on the beach. I even closed my eyes because I could hear both children playing with each other. Fighting, squawking at Seagulls or what have you. And of course when I didn't hear two I checked and they were right there.

We took the T there and ate a packed lunch (too early) so we bought Pizza afterward too. The Pizza wasn't great. I would have like to get Kelly's Roast Beef or whatever the name of the place is... but the walk was too far down. We'll definitely do it again before summer is over, that is, the kids and I by T. It's just too easy not to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment