Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snow Holiday

How is it that we spend all day at home, or at least on our property and then at the end of the day we seemed to not have enough time? Noah started early this morning, waking up before 7am to eat breakfast and then practice his lion dance. He's been dong dong Chahnging all over the house at all time. I'm afraid I created a little Nian monster. Even when we did coloring and other activities I had a blonde haired child to my right and a red lion to my left that colored with a tiny hand sticking out of it's mouth.

We did a lot of sword fighting games, made a dragon, made a mess of the house, and then procrastinated on the Kung Fu class. Finally Noah sucked it up and did a shortened version of the class.  You may say why don't I just let him play fight with me. Isn't that good enough? No it isn't because I noticed when he does the basics regularly he has more gung in his hits. He needs basics whether he likes it or not.

We didn't go sledding today because Noah didn't want to.

I explained that if me and him went by ourselves instead of with Jonah, it would be different. You know, easier and probably more fun. But the truth is, Noah just doesn't care for sledding. No that's not true. It's just that he has to be forced, and he said he didn't want to sled while the snow was still coming down. With so many adults sledding today, there was a legitimate safety risk, so whatever. The snow isn't going anyway.
Instead Noah did a good job shoveling. Something he actually enjoys. Perhaps we will try sledding tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment